QPR Instructor Certification Course (Training for Trainers)
By attending this Instructor Training participants will be certified to teach QPR for Suicide Prevention, a 2-hour course appropriate for anyone in your community or organization seeking to learn how to prevent suicide. QPR is approved by the Indiana Dept of Education to meet the HEA 1430 teacher training requirement.
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer — 3 simple steps that anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help. Each year thousands of Americans, like you, are saying “yes” to saving the life of a friend, colleague, sibling, or neighbor.
- To understand the nature, range and importance of suicidal communications and their importance in preventing suicide
- To review and understand the groups at greatest risk of suicide and why QPR can work for them
- To train participants to conduct the 2-hour QPR for Suicide Prevention training
- To gain a historical perspective about suicide prevention and how QPR fits into national efforts
- To acquire specific knowledge about how audiences may respond to the QPR message and how to react in a helpful manner
- To learn how to effectively promote suicide prevention in their own communities
- To gain the competence and confidence to teach others how to save lives and help prevent suicidal behaviors