Stop Suicide Northeast Indiana: C-SSRS Train-The-Trainer Course
Become a Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) Trainer! Attend this low-cost * 2 ½ hour course (on-line) to learn how to deliver the C-SSRS Training so you can teach others how to use the evidence-based 6-item suicide screener.
*The training is $25 for those living and/or working in northeast Indiana (Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties). If outside northeast Indiana, the training is $35. CEU’s are available! CEUs may only be received in Indiana.
Stop Suicide Northeast Indiana Coalition is working with its partners to establish a common language around suicide across northeastern Indiana. One way to have a common language is for all agencies, service providers, educators, churches, etc. to use the same standardized suicide screening tool. Having a common tool can:
- Remove individual interpretation and improve consistency.
- Provide proper identification and accurate level of risk leading to sound decisions about care.
- Ensure a smoother transition/continuity of care between organizations and/or systems because they’re using the same language.
Why the C-SSRS screener?
Using the C-SSRS helps determine appropriate response, matching their risk level with the appropriate care.
- It asks about ideation, intent, and past behavior leading to better prediction of suicide risk which can save lives
- 6 questions (or less)
- Helps determine low, medium, and high risk and what steps to take at each level
- Easy to use
- Developed by National Institute of Mental Health
- It’s the most evidence-supported tool
- The tool is free & available in multiple languages
- Anyone can use it
Ideally pastors, barbers, baristas, service providers, parents, educators – everyone would use this so they could help those at risk get appropriate care.
Questions? Contact email@example.com